I am currently living in Boston, Ma. It is great to have so many resources in the area. One such resource tha I am quite excited about is that Moosejaw is opening a new store in my area. I will be able to get hands on with the equipment that I will be using on the mountain. I am quite stoked about the store opening! Read More…
The physical training continues.
Currently, I am living in Boston, Ma, which offers great opportunities for cold weather training. I am starting to acclimate to the cold and have learned a ton about exercise in cold weather. Running in the snow is quite different than running in central Louisiana. I enjoy it though. It offers great opportunities to experiment with various clothing options for cold weather exercise.
If you are in the Boston area and would like to contact me, please see my contact page.
The search still continues for sponsorship for my expedition. If you are interested, please see the sponsorship page.
- Pictures – Cold weather exercise tips (boston.com)
- Get Outside! Cold-Weather Exercising Tips For Winter (fitsugar.com)
- Cold weather running (training26.wordpress.com)
“For the second time in as many years, we’ve conducted an unprecedented survey of adventure travel companies, based on the idea that a traveler’s most important decision is not always where to go but who to go with. For the 2009 edition, we spoke to more guide services—and their clients—than ever before (248 in all). We contacted companies that lead 85,000 people a year and those that cater to a hundred. We surveyed paddling outfitters, trekking guides, safari specialists, and the ones that do it all. We evaluated companies that will take you places you’ve only dreamed of (the Tibetan Plateau, the Serengeti on foot) and those that specialize in your own backyard (the Grand Canyon, the Grand Tetons).
And after asking them the tough questions (Have you tested your risk management strategies? Are your guides trained to leave no trace?), we scored each one using criteria synonymous with National Geographic—environmental awareness, reliable service, local knowledge. Because in a time when travel dollars are stretched, it’s essential that an outfitter deliver the trip of a lifetime, the first time. These are the world’s leading travel specialists.”
- Mt. Everest climbing season, 2012 (atoptherox.wordpress.com)
- Early Ascent Releases Reading Raven for the iPad. (prweb.com)
- Alpine Adventures and Anywhere Adventures, Announces its New Affiliation with Vacation.com. (prweb.com)
- Mountain guides aim for the career top (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Alpine Tavern introduces Culinary 2012 – Vail’s Premier Dining Experience (prweb.com)
- Alpine Ascents (bfhenseleverest.wordpress.com)
- Sportsideo to Carry Cybercasts from Alpine Ascents International’s Mt. Everest Climb (prweb.com)
- Alpine Coaster (parkcityvacationquest.wordpress.com)